CMPI was born to offer plate and sheet polishing services to other manufacturers, serving both the numerous stainless steel fabricators in the local area and beyond. As CMPI has grown, the demand for our brand of plate polishing has increased dramatically. We attribute our success in the industry to our organization's rigorous quality standards.
From 20 gauge to 3/4" thickness, one side or both, we are confident that our high grade polishing services will meet and exceed your expectations, because our standards are your exact specifications.
- CMPI Standard Polish is with hold-downs, there is a 3/8" to 1/2" maximum on one end and 1 3/4" to 3" maximum on the other end left unpolished.
- CMPI Tab Polish provides polishing to approximately 3/8" (+/- 1/4") on each end with some possible distortion from weld on tabs. Available in thicknesses 14 gauge and thicker.
- CMPI Full Sheet/Plate Polish requires material at least 3" longer than actual required finished length. This is accomplished by polishing longer material and shearing off approximately 3" from the overall length (determined after polishing).
Sheet and Plate Polishing Capabilities
- Standard sheet sizes of 36", 48", 60" and 72" wide, and any sizes in between
- 20GA to 3/4" x 16' length
- Contact CMPI for information regarding thicker or longer length polishing
- Finishes: 3 to 60 RA, 50 to 400 Grit, #3 to #7 - See CMPI Polishing Chart for more information
- NOMMA finishes & guidelines for architectural applications
- PVC application services
- We can polish your material, or procure, fabricate, and polish material to your exact specifications
300 Series Stainless Steel
Alloy Materials & Aluminum (brush finish only) (Contact CMPI for additional information)
All applicable materials we provide have MTR's on file. As necessary, our materials and workmanship are in compliance with ASME and AWS guidelines.
Disclaimer: CMPI polishing of customer supplied fabrications described on this page does not remove a uniform amount of base material. All described materials could have thinning of the material from the polishing process. Therefore, CMPI does not imply nor accept customer required minimum thickness/dimensional requirements unless approved in writing at time of order.